This activity has been implemented to offer a COVID Safe activity for UNE orientation, for all commencing students around Australia in T1, 2021. As such, we ask you to please observe all safety & precaution measures that are enforceable by your local or state governing body, as well as any businesses you interact with in association with this activity. Compliance with the Public Health Act and other state-authority issues health directives is the responsibility of you as an individual.
We specifically ask all entrants to adhere to the following.
1. Keep contact to a minimum – Goosechase was chosen for its ability to minimise touch-points between groups, and individuals. There should be no need to share writing implements, paper, or other possessions.
2. When competing in a group of other, please compete in small, and where possible, household groups – to reduce any instances of unintentional community transmission, we ask that you compete in household groups where possible and/or maintain the recommended 1.5m social distancing where practical.
3. Keep face masks and hand sanitiser at the ready – whilst not a current requirement in all areas, the recommendation from most state health authorities is to have a facemask available for possible use at any time. Hand sanitiser should also be kept handy and on your person. For on campus students coming to the Armidale campus, personal supplies of sanitiser and a facemask is being supplied to you in your UNE Life orientation bag.
4. It is the responsibility of, and is expected that, all participants check https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19 (or your applicable state authority) for current public health advice on locations attended by people confirmed to have COVID-19. Anyone who attended these locations at the listed date and time and who is required to get tested and self-isolate must not participate.
5. UNE Life has a responsibility to ensure compliance with state authority issued health directives and Public Health Act and may report known breaches.
Prize Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms & Conditions for the TuneFM GooseChase competitions. These Terms & Conditions comply with and fall under the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
1. The TuneFM GooseChase competitions are open to new students enrolled at the University of New England in Trimester 1, 2021.
2. Entries will comprise of entries submitted via the GooseChase app in the following games;
a. 2021 UNE Campus GooseChase (Game Code: WKZLP8)
b. 2021 UNE Online GooseChase (Game Code: 8ZBWXE)
3. The acceptable format(s) and deadline for entries will be prescribed in the app for each game.
4. Discretion as to whether or not an entry complies with each mission rests exclusively with the competition judges.
5. Satire, commentary, parody, and humour are welcome but any entry deemed by the judges to be abusive, offensive, obscene, discriminatory, or derogatory will be ruled ineligible. All entries ruled ineligible will be immediately deleted from any public space and the creators of abusive, offensive, obscene, discriminatory, or derogatory entries will be removed from the group. Contributors of similar posts within the group may also be removed from the game.
6. Entrants retain ownership of and all rights to their entries. As a condition of entry, the University of New England reserves a royalty-free, non-exclusive right to:
a. Use your entry to promote future UNE Student activities
b. Publish your entry on TuneFM website.
c. Publish your entry in TuneFM or UNE Life internal and external communications.
d. Keep the files submitted, and to archive the images on servers or in other electronic forms, so that your entry can be used for these purposes.
8. Entries can be submitted at any time during each competition via the GooseChase app.
9. By submitting an entry, you warrant that the entry is the original, unpublished work of the entrant(s) nominated in the submission.
11. Discretion as to whether or not an entry complies with the mission in which it is submitted rests exclusively with the competition judges.
12. Competition judges will be drawn from TuneFM and UNE Life staff and student volunteer pools.
13. Judges may not enter the game in which they are appointed to be judges.
14. The competition judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence nor discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or the outcomes reached.
16. Prizes will be awarded as prescribed in each game. They will be awarded as either:
a. A daily prize of a $100 Coles gift card for the entry judged best of the day in each game announced on TuneFM’s O’Week Morning Show between the hours of 8am-9am Monday – Friday of O’Week.
b. The main prize consisting of a Remarkable 2 package including Remarkable 2, cover, marker and 3 packets of marker tips equalling a value of $AU 1,089, will be announced via TuneFM’s social media on Monday, 1 March when the winner’s student status has been verified by the University of New England.
20. Main prize winners will be notified by via email and social media where available.
UNE Life Student HQ
University of New England,
Armidale NSW 2351
The University of New England respects and acknowledges that its people, programs and facilities are built on land, and surrounded by a sense of belonging, both ancient and contemporary, of the world’s oldest living culture. In doing so, UNE values and respects Indigenous knowledge systems as a vital part of the knowledge capital of Australia.